We went to see Just Like Heaven tonight. It was great, I loved it! I really like Reese Witherspoon too.
I realized something about myself tonight. People really piss me off when we go to the movies. I think they always have, I just really notice it now. I caught myself thinking of my last movie experience tonight before we decided to go.
We usually try to sit in the middle of the isle, close to the top. Which is what we did last time, when we saw 40 y.o. virgin. Not only did a few people talk through the movie, cell phones rang. Hello people!!!!! Turn them off, vibrate works just fine!!! This one lady had a loud annoying laugh. (we will let that one slide, the movie was funny) Then----there were 2 girls sitting behind us, one of them started tapping her foot. She kept doing it, louder and louder. I even turned and looked at her, like "could you stop tapping your foot?" She kept doing it. I looked over at Aaron and told him I was just about to loose it. I wanted to pour my drink on her, I was so pissed and she knew it. That's when the newly found mothering skills took over. I calmly told myself she was immature, and to let it go. I did it, I ignored her foot tapping for the rest of the movie! I do have patience too, I promise. (She tapped for a long time)
So, tonight we sat at the very top. No one could sit behind us and bump our chair. (that's another story) No one could tap their feet behind us. No cell phones rang... About half way through the movie, this young girl with her parents seemed to be getting bored. She was sitting 5 seats down from me. She starts bouncing back and forth in her chair and huffing and puffing. She is just so bored. No big deal right? I get bored easily too, that's why I notice all of these annoying things people do!!!! Well, her chair squeaked really loudly every time she bounced!!!!!!!! Oh, I wanted to scream. I thought to myself, "it is just not meant for me to enjoy a whole movie." I ended up ignoring her too eventually, and crying over the movie. It was such a good movie. I think this is why I like to rent movies at home!!!
3 years ago

3 comments:
I hate it when someone kicks my chair--so annoying
i am the same way! i get SO annoyed with people at the movies...so rude. people even talk on their freaking cell phones during the movie!
renting a movie is often a better experience for me as well!
Ultimate revenge--when Brynn Harper is born and a few months old; take her to the movies; one you're not interested in seeing; and let her cry all she wants...sweet!!!!
Post a Comment