February 20, 2005

My daddy

My daddy...Dale, Mr. Dale, Mr. Streeter, Bear, twin to Gail, boyfriend to Patsy, mentor to Patrick, brother to Linda, brother to Randy, brother to Harvey, son to Pauline and Willie B., ex-husband to my mom, wonderful Father to me, Mentor to many. What a magnificent man he is. I wonder every day how my daddy had so much patience with me. I guess one day I will know.
He worked all the time when I was growing up. 7-3 M-F and when he got off work there was always something to do around the house or outside. I remember him always trying to show me things outside. Showing me how to mow the yard and why to do it that certain way. I never was a lazy child, never wanted to be. He tried to turn me into a hunter but that didn't work. I was good luck for him, if my rattling of the candy paper didn't scare the deer off. My daddy taught me so many things.
I am so lucky and thankful to have the wonderful parents I have. Not only that, I have and will hopefully have another step parent too! I remember how horrible it was when my parents got a divorce, how could I forget. But now as time has passed, I have gained so much. I have learned what not to do.
I have a wonderful step father who never had kids and is such a loving man. He takes care of and loves my mom. He can talk about anything and will for hours. I love him, he is my second dad.
My dad's girlfriend is such an awesome lady. I hope they marry soon but try to stay out of their business. She is such a patient and loving person. Her children and family are just great. I hope we can be one big happy family soon! I just hope dad learns how to take a break and relax. Stop and smell the roses, life is too short. I love this quote, "Don't get so busy making a living, you forget to make a life." This is your second chance dad.
When making wedding plans I made the decision to have my dad and step-dad walk me down the aisle. This was one of the hardest decisions of my life so far. I wanted my step-dad to walk me too because he is so special to me. I am the closest thing to being his he will ever have. I also worried that my dad wouldn't feel as special. My daddy has done so much for me and I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for him. I didn't want to hurt anyone or leave anyone out. I talked with my dad and being the kind man he is, said it wouldn't bother him at all. I love you daddy thanks for everything.
P.S. My mom is the best woman in the world, I have not forgotten about her. I posted a small entry when she had surgery and will pick up on that later. I am sleepy! I love you with all my heart Mommy and Daddy!

2 comments:

ginger said...

That is SO sweet! He sounds like such a wonderful man.

Anonymous said...

my first comment! i had to, i have known mr. dale and mrs. tammy my whole life and they are 2 of the most wonderful people i know. i love them very much, you are so lucky to have them chris!