February 19, 2006

January 26---My induce day...


The day started off great, I was so ready to get to the hospital and get started! My bags had been packed for weeks and we were just watching the clock.
My dad called to let me know he was in town so I could come and meet him. (He hasn't been up here lately and we have moved since.) Mom and I head out to meet daddy, Aaron was at work, it was around 9 am. Since Thursday is garbage pick up day, the truck happened to be in front of mom and I. I slow down because I am behind the truck and a railroad track is ahead. Just as I was looking to my left before crossing the tracks a truck passes us. He not only passes us, he flies past us AND the garbage truck not even looking for a train. Also, a traffic light was 40 yards ahead and it was red! I look at mom and she looks at me. I yell out, "what an idiot...glad he didn't hit us!" We travel on until we reach the 4 way stop. We are behind this idiot now because when it was safe, I passed the garbage truck too. When we got behind him, I honked. That's it, just a honk. I like my horn and he scared the heck out of us. BIG mistake------- We were stopped at the stop sign, he is in the front. He puts his truck in reverse and slams into my car! Yes, purposely slammed into us!! He proceeded through the stop sign, we follow and get his tag info. He was slowly driving along like nothing ever happened.
Long story short, we go meet dad and tell him what happened. He then follows us to the police department to file charges on this idiot. Keep in mind this is the same day I am being induced!! We had not got ready for the day yet...

To make a long story short, after sitting in the police department for 3 hours...(waiting on this man to type one finger at a time) we finally got to go home.
Did I mention that my dad is dying with laughter when we left because my mom and I looked like homeless people? He just had to take a picture and we figured, why not? The funny thing was, I kept trying to explain myself to everyone. Knowing they were thinking, yeah right, you always look like that. It ended up being a very funny morning. Thank god no one was hurt.
I will continue to update on labor, delivery and such as I have time. Hope everyone has a great week!! :)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh! How funny! There are some wacko people in this world. Okay, now I know that I am never leaving home again in my robe and slippers to do anything! You two really do look like a couple of refugees! HA! I'm really loving the houseshoes and socks look, it works!
Love you much!

Cara said...

That crazy!! I didn't read the sign either, and I thought that must be at the hospital.. Until I read the story I couldn't understand why Tammy had on a robe!! Now I'm LMAO!!

Some people have no sense!! Prime example of road rage!;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Chris posting this God awful picture of us made me lay Brynn Harper down so I could comment!!! LOL

Ginger~we discussed that while we were waiting!! and I'll give you a few more details...

Mel, thanks for just saying we looked like refugees, you are really being nice and I know it!! Ha! All we lacked was a dip of snuff and some pink foam rollers in our hair. Several quick points I want to make here and I've gotta go check on Brynn...

#1~Never ask God first thing in the morning to help you distract your daughter b/c it's induction day and your time to go to the hospital is 5:00 pm, not the normal OMG my water just broke kind of delivery. He hears ALL our prayers and does have a sense of humor!!

#2~Never leave home for anything!! I mean anything, not completely dressed to the hilt!! When Dale called I told Chris she wasn't going anywhere by herself, wait for me...my gut said get dressed, I said oh it's not far, nothing will happen. Never listen to that second voice in your head.

Needless to say this whole story will never be told b/c there's too many juicy details to remember at one time. Simply priceless!! Gotta go, Brynn Harper is calling ;}

P.S. Thanks to everyone (especially my Chris) for all the sweet comments about me lately but, my life is forever changed and focused on my girls! love, Granny

j.c. said...

It is all kinda funny now, but it really wasn't hearing it while you were laying in that hospital bed. Reminds me of the time that the van in Monticello hit Carissa and I on our way to UCA for college day and chris had to come and rescue us from the police department. We were looking and feeling like crap. I know it is nothing compared to delivery day, but the unexpectedness was about the same.

I was so glad to hear from you this morning! You sounded like the train is at the station and all steams ahead! I am so excited. I love you dearly. kisskiss brynn. Aunt Jeanne will see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, if this would have been a chic we would definitely be rating her on the Pyscho meter. So glad you weren't hurt.

I can't get enough of that precious little baby.

Emerson said...

That is too funny!!! What a story to tell Brynn when she gets older! I hope all is well! You have one of the most beautiful babies!!! I love her facial expressions!

Jennifer said...

that is so funny chris. what a day for you!!! we know those jboro people CANNOT drive. brynn is just adorable and precious. i hope to see you both very very soon