This town never fails to amaze me. (not always in a good way) As some of you know Nelly is coming here in 2 weeks. I was at the gym last night when a friend asked me if I heard the latest about Nelly. I asked her what she meant. It seems there are several churches that do not want him coming here. I don't know what they are going to do about it, hopefully nothing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yes, but they can't stop people from listening or watching something!!!!!! (Maybe their own kids and grandkids.) This is just crazy! I go to church, I am a Christian and I love God! What ever I choose to do in my life, I will take up with him. I don't need 35 churches in this area to make that decision for me.
3 or 4 years ago Mystikal came to this town. As some of you know, Nelly and Mystikal are very different, as is their music. I remember when he came because I was sick in the bed mad because I couldn't go! Aaron was a bouncer at the time and Mystikal came to the club where he worked. Aaron came home telling me he stood right by him and didn't know who he was until he left!!!!!! I was so mad, he could have got a picture or an autograph!!!!! (didn't mean to get off the subject) If there wasn't a big stink made about Mystikal coming, why Nelly? What makes me so mad is these people don't even know the lyrics of either person. (obviously!!!!) Why can't these people do what I do when I see or hear something going on I don't like. Pray about it and mind my own business.
Oh yeah, this town is a dry county, there will be no alcohol served at the concert. Thanks to people like these and all of the rich private club/restaurant owners I will never be able to have a glass of wine with my meal, at El al capulco or O'Charlies or Colton's or Outback Steakhouse! This isn't the end of the world to me, but I think it makes no since at all. People are going to do what they want to do. Having a liquor store 15 miles away seems more dangerous than having one 2 miles away. People can go and get what they want and get back home. If the drive is long, there is a greater chance they may have one on the way home. This is my opinion, but I guess that is fine because this is my blog!
3 years ago

3 comments:
Sounds like Hamburg! :)
Amen sister! Those people need to practice what they preach and not judge us for choosing to purchase tickets. If they don't want to go, then so what!!! E.I., E.I. UUUhhhOOO!!
So stupid, That is just like our churches making us scared of Ozzy when we were little. Hello? His lyrics aren't scary,
"crazy that's how it goes
millions of people living as foes
Maybe, it's not to late
To learn how to love
and forget how to hate."
Why were we scared of this??
Post a Comment