December 3, 2004

SELF ABSORBED or just STUBBORN???

I have been wanting to write about this for a long time. I do not understand why people are the way they are and I guess I never will. I just hate it when I am trying to have a conversation with someone and all they do is interrupt.
I guess there is a reason I am writing this today. Jennifer and I were TRYING to eat lunch today and the person she was talking to would not let her get a word in at all!! That is so annoying! I can not stand for someone to do me that way!! Which reminded me that I have my blog and if I can't talk to someone about something because it is humanly impossible to have an adult conversation with them, I can tell my computer about it.
I hate playing games. I hate it when your feelings get hurt about something and the person that hurt them is too in to themselves to notice. I hate not wanting to call someone because you KNOW how the conversation will go and you don't feel you should be calling them anyway, don't they know they hurt your feelings??? I also don't like using the word hate, (mom and dad used to tell me not to use that word) but I feel it is the only word that will serve my purpose. I think if I argued frequently with the people that are the most close to me I would have to step back and check myself. Maybe it is not always someone else causing the problems or starting the argument, maybe it is you. Thank you computer for listening and not interrupting me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I totally understand, also. I have friends and family like that as well. It is very annoying to be interrupted. I personally think I people would talk less and listen more the world would go around a lot smoother. But on a more positive note, those that constantly talk and interrupt may just be so excited to be talking to someone like you, since they may not have very many friends to talk to as it is. Just a thought.

Reality Chick said...

Hey, Chris...LOL...
I have to laugh a little because I am the world's worst interrupter. Not that I'm trying to dole out advice, but maybe you just need to "interrupt" the interrupter and say, "I appreciate your listening to my problems, but I'd like to tell you the whole story before I get your advice. Will you listen until I get through?" Maybe if you are nice, they will get the picture. If they continue to interrupt, just don't talk to them about your probs any more. We all have friends that sometime rub us the wrong way. Just limit your contact with them...I love you and miss you! Can't wait for Christmas, either...we are gonna have FUN!