December 11, 2004

Christmas cards and tanning beds

I am taking a break from typing my Christmas card list. I absolutely love sending Christmas cards. This is the 3rd year we have taken pictures by our tree with our cats and sent them in the card. Aaron can't stand taking pictures, he has no patience what so ever when it comes to photographs. This irritates me so. I love making and taking pictures. We are taking them tomorrw, very quickly. I am almost fiinished Christmas shopping. Yeah!!!

I have decided that I am not going to lay in the tanning bed anymore. I am getting older and wrinkles are starting to appear on my face in some places. I have applied self tanning bronzer for the 2nd day. It is working quiet well. It is the L'OREAL brand called SUBLIME BRONZE. I have used self tanner before and turned kind of orange but this is beautiful so far. It is very harmful to lay in the tanning bed and I have known this for some time. It is just so addictive. I feel 5 lbs. smaller and more attractive with a tan. In my opinion, people look more attractive with a minimum tan. I will repeat myself, with a minimum tan. I see people all the time that are very tan and it is gross. They look old, wrinkled, and by the way people, it is winter time!!! It is also very obvious that you live in a tanning bed!!! By the time I drive to the tanning bed, put on my lotion, fall asleep while the bulbs burn my skin and drive back home, I could have applied my self tanner in 10 minutes paying less than half the price. (run on sentence??) :) The tanning bed is so dangerous to my skin!!! Why have I been living in this cloud that I am young and it doesn't matter if I damage my skin now?? Well guess what?? I will have the same skin when I am 60+ and the better I take care of it now, the better it will look then. Wake up Chris!!! Oh, and those eye goggles they put on the bed... Wish I had a dollar for every time I walked in, picked them up and tossed them on the floor. Hello! Maybe the tanning bed is damaging to my eyes too!!??? Oh no, wouldn't want to look like a racoon. Never wore those either. So, if you see me during Christmas break or anywhere else I might be looking a little pale. (maybe orange, will know soon!!) Merry Christmas to everyone! Go buy some self tanner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yay! i'm so proud of you! seriously. mmmm, you'll thank yourself when you're 60 and skin cancer free. i understand the beauty of a minimal tan. makes us look healthier. makes us look like maybe we go jogging every day in the sun or go mountain biking or sailing or something. makes us look like we're active or blessed with exotic ethnic genes. but hey---if we're don't or we're not, well then, time to stop lying to ourselves and the world by pretending we do. loving ourselves and others, as is, will bring us all a wealth of happiness. and people---happiness is pretty. way to go chris!

--c

ginger said...

Great! I have a freaking tanning bed and NEVER lay in it. It isn't even hooked up right now! I guess it is kinda like having a pool... you don't really care about it if you have it. I'll probably lay to get some color in January or February, but I never get dark like I used to. I just hate to lay in there and smell like tanning bed!

You'll have to post the Christmas pics of you, Aaron and the cats for us.

Reality Chick said...

Hooray! Another self-tanner convert. Take it from the Pale Princess....if you want to reeeeally gross yourself out, look at your skin under a blacklight...all those white flecks and spots you see? Sun damage! I loooooove self tanner...have used it for years. And they have really improved the formulas and application process, so it's easy and good for your skin. Tell you what...if you need help doing your back, I'll help you when you get home! LMAO...then you can do mine, heehee. TANNING PARTY!